Mileage Permits

Mileage PermitThere are some states that require truckers to have Mileage Permits in addition to their Trip and Fuel permits. These states are:   These four states require an additional permit to file mileage tax.  If your truck meets the requirements below you need these permits prior to entering the state.
New York GVW over 18,000 pounds
Kentucky GVW over 59,999 pounds
Oregon GVM over 26,000 pounds
New Mexico GVM  over 26,000 pounds

What is IFTA?

  • An agreement between the 48 contiguous states of the USA and the Canadian provinces,
  • Uniform administration of motor fuel taxation law with respect to qualified inter-jurisdictional motor vehicles.

IFTA’s Core Principles

  • Base Jurisdiction
Where vehicles are registered Where some travel is accumulated
  • Retention of Sovereign Authority to determine tax rates, exemptions and exercise other substantive tax authority
  • Uniform definition of qualified motor vehicle
  If you operate in two or more member provinces or states, you can register for IFTA and take advantage of everything it has to offer. Under IFTA, you will register with one state or province as your base jurisdiction and get a single fuel tax license for all of your vehicles that will be authorized to travel in all IFTA jurisdictions. In addition, you will only need to file one tax return each quarter with your home jurisdiction that will also audit your fuel tax records.   Under IFTA, you can travel in 48 US states and 10 Canadian provinces. They do not include Hawaii, Alaska, and D.C. in the US and Nunavut, Northwest Territories and Yukon Territory in Canada.  

Get Your Mileage Permits as well as IFTA License with will help all the truckers to obtain Mileage Permits before entering New York, Kentucky, Oregon or New Mexico. Moreover, we can assist you to obtain IFTA license as well. You can contact us by calling at (888) 799-8858 or feeling our free quote form on our website.